Experience a day at the Chessington World of Adventures
Ten amazing themed lands, over 1,000 animals from around the world, more than 40 rides and attractions – no wonder a visit to Chessington World of Adventures is one of the nation’s most exciting and educational family fun days out!
New in 2018: Explore Europe’s 1st overhead tiger trail!
A family of endangered Amur Tigers comes to Chessington this May in the brand new Land of Tiger!
Here are some of the awesome things you can do in the new zone:
- Take a stroll along the unique overhead trail and see the world’s largest tigers walk right above you
- Make a splash at Tiger Rock – the exhilarating log flume which will see you flying down a waterfall drop, right through the centre of a giant tiger's head carved into a rock
- Take part in amazing tiger experiences alongside skilful Carnivore Keepers
Experience the excitement of Chessington Theme Park (open March - October)
There is something for everyone at Chessington World of Adventures, with fun and excitement for thrill-seekers, tiny tots and everyone in between virtually guaranteed!
- For the thrill seekers: Fast and furious attractions include the hair-raising Extreme Games Zone, gravity defying Rameses Revenge, Rattlesnake, Black Buccaneer and many more!
- Kids will love…Younger visitors to Chessington World of Adventures will love Hocus Pocus Hall, Dragon Falls water ride, the Flying Jumbo, Griffin's Galleon and the incredible Vampire which, with a height restriction of 1.1 metres, is one of the few serious rollercoasters in Europe designed with children in mind.
The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure!
Embark on a perilous journey through the world of fairy tales on the world’s first Gruffalo ride – The Gruffalo River Adventure. Sail down the lazy river through the dark woods and meet the magic Gruffalo himself.
Chessington World of Adventures Zoo
Where to begin at Chessington World of Adventures Zoo? Possibly with the Trail of the Kings and its gorillas, lions, leopards and tigers, or maybe with the meerkats and wallabies in Creature Features, or perhaps with the oh-so-cheeky inhabitants of the Monkey and Bird Garden?
And don’t miss a visit to the Children's Zoo where little ones love to cuddle their favourite furry creatures!
Meet the marine creatures at SEA LIFE Centre
The Sea Life Centre at Chessington World of Adventures, is a 250,000 litre aquarium set within the zoo, showcasing over 20 attractions featuring exotic marine creatures from stingrays and clownfish to sharks and shrimps!
Whilst at the Sea Life Centre, take a stroll through the walkthrough ocean tank, a glass tunnel with a watery-world of marine-life swimming overhead.
Please Note: When the theme park is open, Chessington Zoo only tickets are not valid. Chessington Zoo is included in ALL theme park admission tickets during the theme park opening season (March-October).
2018 Park Important Dates:
- Feb Half Term-Chessington Animal Adventures: 10-18 February 2018
- Main Theme Park Season: 17 March – 31 October 2018
- Closed Dates: 20-21 March, 24-25 April, 1-2, 8-9, 15-16 May, 11-12, 18-19, 25-26 September and 2-3, 9-10, 16-17 October 2018
- Howl’o’ween: 13-14, 19-31 October 2018
- 2017 Chessington Zoo Dates: 27-31 December 2017
- 2018 Chessington Zoo Dates: 1-2, 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28 January, 3-4, 24-25 February, 3 March, 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 24-25 November and 27-29 December 2018
Chessington World of Adventures Resort’s BIG secret is finally revealed – as the UK’s first ever Gruffalo Ride is announced
Following the sighting late last year of one of the UK's best-loved children's characters The Gruffalo* Chessington World of Adventures Resort has revealed the reason for his arrival. The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure – a world first - has landed in the Wild Wood. Based on the book written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler, the new ride has been created in partnership with Magic Light Pictures.
Kids and parents alike will be able to join Mouse on a picturesque riverboat journey through the deep dark wood when The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure opens on 18th March. As park-goers float down the lazy river, the world of The Gruffalo will magically unfold in front of their eyes with exciting twists and turns along the way.
Tim Harrison-Jones, Divisional Director at Chessington, says "We are absolutely delighted to finally reveal the reason behind The Gruffalo's arrival at Chessington World of Adventures Resort”.
"The story of The Gruffalo has been at the heart of many childhood memories and we're sure Adventurers young and old will be eager to experience the first ever Gruffalo ride!"
Daryl Shute, Brand Director at Magic Light Pictures commented “This is a fantastic opportunity for The Gruffalo brand and we're thrilled to be working with Merlin Entertainments and the team at Chessington to bring this to life. From page, to stage, to screen, The Gruffalo can now be explored in a fully immersive ride that will give fans the chance to experience the story in a whole new way.
The Gruffalo River Ride Adventure opens to all on 18th March 2017 and will be accompanied by many other Gruffalo offerings across the Resort, including a brand new Gruffalo shop and Gruffalo Bites food outlet both offering themed goodies, character meet and greets with The Gruffalo himself plus much much more!
With over 40 rides and attractions in 10 themed lands, a Zoo and SEA LIFE centre with over 1,000 animals, Chessington offers a world of excitement for the whole family.
Chessington Zoo Days
Zoo Opening Dates:
- 27-31 December 2017
- 1-2, 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28 January 2018
- 3-4, 24-25 February 2018
- 3 March 2018
- 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 24-25 November 2018
- 27-29 December 2018
Zoo Opening Times: 10AM – 3PM.
Enjoy a great day out at Chessington Zoo at weekends during November – March.
Come face to face with tigers and gorillas, and our new King of the Jungle Kamal as you venture through Trail of the Kings.
Go underwater with sharks and stingrays in the SEA LIFE centre and don’t forget to visit the Wanyama Village & Reserve, where Grevy's Zebra and the rare Scimitar Horned Oryx roam freely before your very eyes!
A whole host of animal presentations and daily meet and greets are also on offer, allowing you and your family to get up close and personal to an array of exotic creatures, from snakes and meerkats, to spiders and binturongs.
IMPORTANT: The main theme park and rides are CLOSED for the Winter season.
2018 Theme Park Gate Rates:
|1 Day Entry||2 Day Entry|
|Chessington World of Adventures (theme park & zoo)||Adult||£50.00||£57.00|
- Chessington World of Adventures and Zoo provide wheelchairs for use by guests with disabilities.
- Disabled guests unable to use normal queue lines should visit the Guest Services Office where preferential use wristbands are available allowing access to rides via specially designed entry points.
- Disabled access toilets are available throughout Chessington World of Adventures.
Eating at Chessington World of Adventure
- There are a wide selection of bars and restaurants throughout the site catering for all tastes.
Car parking is available at £2.00 per car (including blue badge holders) and car park tickets can be purchased online or during your visit. Car parking is free for Premium Merlin Annual Pass holders, and Hotel Guests via a dedicated car park. Coach parking is free.
20 pence of every car parking fee will be donated to the Chessington Conservation Fund which will help to protect the future of nature and wildlife through conservation work and education at Chessington Zoo, in the local community and worldwide.
- Height restrictions apply to all rides.
- Children agen under 3 years enter Chessington World of Adventures FREE.
- Children aged between 3-11 years require a child ticket.
- Visitors aged 12 years and over require an adult ticket.
Inclusions: 1 day admission to Chessington Zoo and Sea Life Centre. The main theme park and rides are CLOSED for the Winter season.
Zoo Opening Dates: 27-31 December 2017, 1-2, 6-7, 13-14, 20-21, 27-28 January 2018, 3-4, 24-25 February 2018, 3 March 2018, 3-4, 10-11, 17-18, 24-25 November and 27-29 December 2018. Please check the website for up to date closures.
Zoo Opening Times: 10am – 3pm.
Duration: 1 Full Day approx.
Address: Chessington World of Adventures Resort, Leatherhead Rd, Chessington, Surrey KT9 2NE. Chessington is on the A243, just two miles from the A3 and M25 (junction 9 or 10) and is well signposted. The main car park is available at the grass Explorer Gate car park, accessible via Explorer gate off Leatherhead road. Parking is £3.00 per car.
Additional Information: This voucher is not for re-sale. You may be requested to show the credit card that you used to make the purchase when collecting your tickets at the attraction.