Visit the archaeological site of Coba, where the more adventurous can climb the pyramid of Nohoch Mul, the highest in the state. Discover the secrets of the mysterious Mayans and visit a small Mayan community to experience their day to day life. We also take you to an underground river cavern (Cenote.)
Live the experience of visiting the archaeological site of Coba, where you can climb the highest pyramid in the Yucatan Peninsula!
The Maya ruins at Cobá are unique in that they have been barely restored, merely cleared. Only a few of its estimated 6,500 structures have been uncovered, but the ones that have been are graceful and impressive. On these quiet and peaceful grounds it´s hard to imagine that Cobá may have once had the largest population of all the ancient Mayan cities.
Climbing the 120 stairs to the top of the Grand Pyramid at Cobá is well worth the effort.
Next visit a traditional Mayan community with a full explanation of the lifestyle and traditions of the Maya: constructions, cuisine, hunting, agriculture (harvest, jungle elements and products fruit trees, medicinal trees, mayan religion, fabrics, embroidery and pets.
After lunch our final stop is at the underground river cavern (Cenote). The Cenotes truly capture the natural beauty of this area as well as offer the perfect spot to cool down with a dip in the crystal clear waters. They are an extraordinary natural phenomenon that you would not want to miss.
- Tour runs Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays during May til October - and Tour runs Monday to Friday during November til April.
- Hotel pick-ups are included. You will be picked up at approximately 7:00am from Cancun Hotels and 8am from Riviera Maya Hotels. You will dropped back approximately 7:00pm.
- Buffet lunch including vegetarian, Mexican and Mayan options is included. One beverage is included during lunch (non alcoholic)
- Your entrance fee to Coba and Cenote is included.
- Not suitable for customers with walking difficulties.
- Comfortable shoes, cap or hat, sunglasses, and swimming suit recommended.
- Recommended to bring; camera, towel, biodegradable sunblock and extra money for optional gratuities and personal expenses such as souvenirs.
- You can bring your own snorkelling equipment but this will also be available to rent.
- This tour is in English and Spanish. During High Season it will also be in French.
- The tour requires at least 2 persons for it to operate at all times.