Your visit to Northern California would not be complete without a visit to its world-famous wine country! This Full Day Wine Country Tour takes you to the best of North America’s premium wine making regions, Sonoma Valley and Napa Valley.
Along the way you will cross the iconic Golden Gate Bridge and enjoy the beautiful scenery of the Marin County and the Carneros District, and you will visit Sonoma Historic Town Plaza. Learn all about the rich art and history of Sonoma and Napa Valley’s wine making culture where each winery has a unique story of how it became part of California's famous Wine Country.
Your tour begins in San Francisco, heading through the Marina District and the Presidio, and crossing the Golden Gate Bridge before stopping at North Vista Point for a brief photo stop with breathtaking views of the San Francisco skyline. Taking in the scenery in Marin County, we enter the Wine Country in the southern region of Carneros, heading further into the charming town of Sonoma. In Sonoma and Napa Valley you will visit between 3 to 4 wineries, spanning from mass production vineyards to smaller boutique wineries. After a full day of relaxation and wine tasting among the vineyards and rolling hills, we head back to San Francisco between 5pm and 6pm.
Your tour will be aboard a luxury minibus or coach. We try to keep group sizes to around 50, which gives us more flexibility and makes for a much more pleasant experience. Wine tasting is included in the price (for 3 wineries), as well as time for a lunch stop, which you enjoy in a beautiful outdoor setting, usually at a winery.
The highlight of this tour is a visit to three to four wineries in Napa Valley or Sonoma: Guests enjoy the opportunity to experience, first hand, the care and craftsmanship that goes into each bottle of their favorite California Wines. Relax in the comfort of your luxury minivan as you are escorted in and around the winemaking Mecca of North America. You will visit Napa Valley & Sonoma’s most famous wineries with each of them offering a distinct wine-tasting experience that you will never forget.
Full Day Wine Country Tour - Highlights:
- Travel in luxury minibus
- Wine tasting (additional tasting fees not included)
- Friendly helpful guides and hosts
- Hotel pick-up available
- Photo stop at the Golden Gate Bridge
- Tour of California’s finest wineries
- Excellent views of the beautiful Sonoma Countryside
- Smaller groups allow for more guide interaction, more stops and a more personal experience
(Please note: We visit 3 to 4 wineries depending on time and traffic; stops are subject to change without notice. The wineries listed below are our most popular stops, but we cannot guarantee a specific winery for your tour)
- Viansa Winery & Italian Marketplace: Founded in 1890 by Sam and Vicki Sebastiani, Viansa Winery & Italian Marketplace is a destination winery in the Carneros grape-growing region at the entrance to Sonoma Valley's Wine Country.
- Sonoma Square: Enjoy cheese tasting at Vella Cheese Factory and Sonoma Jack Cheese Factory and see General Vallejo's historic home and buildings.
- Domaine Carneros: In the heart of the Carneros appellation stands a majestic chateau, which houses Domaine Carneros winery. The chateau is considered one of the most beautiful wineries in North America.
- Kirkland Ranch Winery: At the Kirkland Ranch Winery, you'll find an unpretentious and down-to-earth operation. Enjoy excellent wines while spending time in front of the fireplaces or on the veranda overlooking Jamieson Canyon.
- Cline Cellars Vineyard: Located on a 350-Acre Estate in the Carneros District of Sonoma County best known for its zinfandel and distinctive rhone-style wines.
- Homewood Winery: This smaller boutique winery limits its annual production to only 3,000 cases. Originally a home vineyard operation you'll enjoy the smaller "family feel" of this winery.
Please Note: Tour Departures and timings are traffic dependent. Routes and schedules are always subject to change without notice. During special holiday days or during special events in the city Tour schedules may differ and/or Tours tend to finish earlier than the usual schedule. For the most up to date information please always enquire locally. City Sightseeing Tours do not operate on Christmas Day.
This tour operates daily at 9am throughout the year, excluding Christmas Day.
Tour duration is approximately 8 hours.
Collecting your Tour Tickets: Vouchers must be redeemed with the driver or at City Sightseeing at 1331 Columbus Avenue (between Beach St. & North Point St.), San Francisco, CA 94133. For further information, please call +1.415.440.8687
Hotel Pick-ups: Pick-ups will be available from all main hotels in the Downtown San Francisco Area (Union Square, Financial District, Nob Hill, Lombard Street, Embarcadero and SOMA). If you require this, please inform us at the time of booking as this is NOT automatically included.
Once in resort or at least 24hrs in advance of your Tour, you will simply contact our San Francisco partners to reconfirm your Tour and pick-up time, by calling +1.415.440.8687
Please ensure you are at the agreed pick-up point at least 15 minutes prior to departure.
Tour Inclusions: Wine Tasting fees for 3 Wineries.
Tour Exclusions: Additional Wine Tasting fees and Breakfast & Lunch fees are not included.
A minimum of 6 people is required for this tour to operate.
Children are permitted on this tour, but you must be 21 years or older to sample the wines.
Tour Departures and timings are traffic dependent. Routes and schedules are always subject to change without notice. During special holiday days or during special events in the city Tour schedules may differ. For the most up to date information please always enquire locally.
City Sightseeing Tours do not operate on Christmas Day.
When you’ve Booked: You’ll receive an initial confirmation from us immediately. We will then send your booking details to the supplier within 48 hours to request confirmation. Once they confirm that your requested date and ticket is available, we will email your confirmation which will include the local operator’s contact details and any relevant information.