L’AQUÀRIUM DE BARCLEONA, is the largest Mediterranean - themed aquarium in the world, a MUST visit whilst in Barcelona.
Located within walking distance of Barcelona’s city centre and the famous Ramblas, it is one of the most visited tourist attractions in Barcelona.
This large aquarium hosts Europe’s best representation of the waters and inhabitants of the Mediterranean Sea. Travelling through and along the moving 80 metre long tunnel, which surrounds the impressive Oceanarium, provides a close-up view of its many sharks. There are 21 tanks with species selected from seas all over the planet.
This is an exceptional learning experience as well as there is also opportunity to learn more about the most curious of creatures, living fossils, Piranhas, Penguins, Rays, Alligators, dancing Sea Horses, not forgetting EXPLORA – a large space for kids with over 50 interactivities.
With over 11,000 organisms and 450 different species - L’Aquàrium is simply another world!
Barcelona Aquarium features more than 11,000 creatures and 450 marine species in a variety of imaginative aquarium settings. Main displays include the Mediterranean and Tropical tanks, Planet Aqua, Mini Aquariums and the breathtaking Oceanarium.
Barcelona Aquarium's Oceanarium!
- The spectacular Oceanarium is a walk-through aquarium where visitors are enveloped in an exotic marine-life world whilst a myriad of ocean creatures including Sunfish, Rays and Sharks circle overhead!
- Barcelona Aquarium also gives the curious a chance to learn more about living fossils, Alligators, Penguins, Rays, Piranhas and children's favourite – Seahorses.
- There is more for inquisitive young minds to explore at Barcelona Aquarium, with the 50 interactive and educational experiences in the Explora zone.
- Barcelona Aquarium has a great snack bar and restaurant, as well as a gift shop for all your marine-themed souvenirs!
- Children under 3 years old enter Barcelona Aquarium completely free!
Availability: The Aquarium is open all year round (subject to change).
Aquarium opens from 09.30 to 21.00pm during week days and 09.30 and 21.30 at weekends.
Extended opening hours during July and August - Daily from 09.30 to 23.00pm.
Validity: Enjoy 1 day admission to Barcelona Aquarium. Ticket is valid for the entire season.
Additional Information: Please note that for children between the ages of 3 and 4, a mini ticket will have to be purchased which will be available at the gate. Children 2 and under however access free of charge.