Enjoy a morning exploring the ancient marvels of Turkey and shopping in the Grand Bazaar.
Your first stop will be at the Blue Mosque, one of the best examples of classical Turkish art. This 17th century Ottoman mosque is famed for being the only mosque in the world with six minarets built in the name of the Sultan Ahmet. Next you'll visit the Hippodrome, which was the centre for sporting events (chariot racing etc) and political activities in the old city.
Your next stop will be at magnificent St Sophia, an architectural marvel constructed as a basilica in the 6th century and referred to as the 8th Wonder of the World today. You will also see the Suleymaniye Mosque, the masterpiece of famous architect Sinan, built in the name of Suleyman the Magnificent during the 16th century. Finally, it's on to the Grand Bazaar, a most attractive shopping centre containing the biggest souk in the world. The Grand Bazaar contains nearly 4000 shops selling a variety of goods including antiques, jewellery, gold, carpets and leatherwear.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Blue Mosque
- St. Sophia (is closed on Mondays and replaced with Underground Cistern)
- Suleymaniye Mosque (this is only included between 1 April - 31 Oct)
- Grand Bazaar (closed on Sundays and replaced with authentic shops around Grand Bazaar)
- Duration: 4 hours.
- Transportation to and from hotel included.
- The tour departs daily around 8.30am - returning around 12.30pm.
- Inclusions: Pick up and drop off from city centre hotels, entrance fees and guided services.
- Exclusions: Any other services not mentioned above.