Enjoy the best views of New York City from the newly renovated 3-tiered observation deck. John D Rockefeller originally opened the open air, 70-storey high perch more than 70 years ago. He envisioned the Rockefeller Center to be the grandest shopping plaza ever.
Begin your experience on the mezzanine level with a thrilling look back in time. You can actually 'touch' the past - from original artefacts to a 'beam walk' that simulates the experience of the construction workers more than 70 years ago. A high-speed Summit Shuttle will then transport you to the three-storey viewing area whilst displaying a spectacular historical multimedia presentation inside. The views from all 3 levels of the deck are breathtaking.
With its open air simplicity, complete 360-degree skyline and crystal clear panels of glass showcasing the 80 mile view this truly is the best way to marvel at this city from the Top of the Rock!
Highlights of the tour:
- Spectacular 360° views of New York City
- Rockefeller Center
- Multimedia history exhibitions to stimulate your mind
You can also combine your Top of The Rock experience with a Rockefeller Center Tour, which gives you an extraordinary look into the rich history and breathtaking artistry of New York's most famous landmark. Please check the ticket details for further information.
- All public areas on Top of the Rock are wheelchair accessible. All entrances are accessible and power assist doors are located at the main entrance on Fiftieth Street between Fifth and Sixth Avenues.
- Elevators are available at all Top of the Rock entrances and on street level on Forty-Ninth and Fiftieth streets for access to the concourse entrances.
- All public bathrooms on Top of the Rock have designated wheelchair accessible stalls.
- For all short films played during the Top of the Rock experience, printed transcripts are available upon request from any Top of the Rock staff.
Visual & Audio Guide:
- Service dogs are welcome in all public areas at Top of the Rock and Rockefeller Center. Audio Tour for Top of the Rock is provided in the Top of the Rock Mobile App, available for free download from the App Store.
Present your voucher to the box office on the concourse level on your chosen day for Top of the Rock in exchange for a timed ticket. (If you have a specific time in mind please turn up early to request this to avoid disappointment).
Top of the Rock does not guarantee times and dates for vouchers and reserves the right to assign times and dates based upon availability at the time a voucher is redeemed. Once you display your voucher they will do their best to offer you their next available time-slot.
Top of the Rock
Entrance is located at 30 Rockefeller Plaza on 50th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue.
Open from 8:00am to midnight, 7 days a week.
The first elevator goes up at 8:00am, the last one at 11:00pm.
Hours of operation may vary on holidays. The usual Holiday Hours of Operation are:
- Christmas Eve; 24/12: 8:00am-11:00pm (last elevator at 10:10pm)
- Christmas Day; 25/12: 8:00am-Midnight (last elevator at 11:10pm)
- New Year’s Eve; 31/12: 8:00am-10:00pm (last elevator at 9:10pm)
- New Year’s Day; 1/1: 10:00am-Midnight (last elevator at 11:10pm)
In addition to admission to Top of the Rock you will also get to enjoy a Rockefeller Center Tour.
Following seasoned guides and listening with your own personal headset, our expert historian will guide you on a 75 minute experience through the Center’s most significant buildings, gardens and spaces including:
- The Sculptures of Isamu Noguchi, Michio Ihara and Paul Manship’s iconic Prometheus state.
- The heroic Statue of Atlas just steps from St Patrick’s Cathedral
- The Channel Gardens offering cool fountains in the summer and dramatic views from 5th Avenue of the majestic Christmas Tree in winter.
- The exquisite mural paintings of Jose Maria Sert and Frank Brangwyn in the GE Building, also known as 30 Rockefeller Plaza.
Present your voucher to the check in at Will Call/Guest Services Desk on your chosen day for the Rockefeller Center Tour in exchange for a timed ticket. (If you have a specific time in mind please turn up early to request this to avoid disappointment).
Rockefeller Center does not guarantee times and dates for vouchers and reserves the right to assign times and dates based upon availability at the time a voucher is redeemed. Once you display your voucher they will do their best to offer you their next available time-slot.
The entrance is located at West 50th Street between 5th and 6th Avenue where the red carpet marks the entrance.
Departures: 10am /11am / 12pm / 1pm / 2pm / 3pm / 4pm / 5pm/ 7pm.
Duration: Approximately 75 minutes.
Group size: Twenty people maximum per group.
- There are no advance reservations taken per time slot, please check in at the guest services desk just inside the Top of the Rock entrance 15 mins prior to tour start time and space will be allocated on the first available tour.
- The Rockefeller Center tour is not suitable for children under 12.