This is a great combination of the Mayan history at Tulum, the only archaeological zone in the area with views of the sea, and the natural beauty of the Xel-Ha inlet, a natural aquarium ideal for snorkeling.
The ruins of Tulum are perched high atop a cliff against the awe inspiring backdrop of the Caribbean sea. This archaeological site is one of a kind. Tulum flourished in late post-classical times with buildings dating back to the 12th century. It was once an important trading port and one of the few Mayan cities still inhabited when the Spaniards arrived.
You will take a guided tour of the ruins to learn about the secrets of the Mayans. Your guide will point out important sites, explaining the historical significance of buildings such as the castle, the Temple of the Masks and the God Chaac. Then you will drive 20 minutes back toward Cancun to the incredible natural aquatic theme park created by the Mayan gods themselves - Xel-Ha.
At Xel-Ha, you can enjoy the crystal clear waters of a spectacular natural aquarium, swim in creeks and lagoons, visit natural wells and ancient caves which are fed by underground rivers flowing out to the beautiful Caribbean Sea. Explore the underwater world by snorkel and come face to face with exotic underwater flora and fauna including curious rays and schools of angel fish.
Other (optional - not included in price) activities include cliff diving, rope swing diving, rope bridge walking, bicycling, kayaking, swimming with the dolphins, underwater breathing bubble, scuba diving and much more!
You will leave Xel-Ha when the park closes at 5:00pm.
Highlights of the Tour:
- Explore the Tulum ruins and snorkel in the crystal clear waters of Xel Ha
- Xel Ha is the only 'all inclusive' park offering lockers, towels and snorkelling equipment at no extra cost
- Food and drinks are also included
- Visit two fantastic places in one exciting day for an archaeological and ecological adventure
- Duration: 9 HOURS.
- Tour departs at 7am daily but pick ups can vary between 7:40am and 9:20am. .
- Complimentary roundtrip transportation is provided from most major Mayan Riviera hotels and from 3 Playa del Carmen departure points within the city: Senior Frog’s - Entrance (Centro Comercial Playa Marina,loc. 17, 37, 38 y 44, C.P. 77550, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico) Gran Porto Real Playa del Carmen – Lobby, Constituyentes No. 1, C.P. 77710, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico) and Playacar Plaza – (Fraccionamiento Playacar Km 62.5, Playa del Carmen, Quintana Roo, Mexico).
- $25 $ cash deposit required for rental of snorkel equipment (returned upon return of equipment).
Proof of ID must be presented when redeeming this voucher.
- Only biodegradable sunblock is permitted. Your sunscreen must be clearly marked as PABA Free, Oil-Free, and Biodegradable. The chemicals oxybenzone, 4-methylbenzylidene camphor, or the preservative butylparaben are all proven to damage coral reefs. If you’re not sure if your sunscreen is safe, it can be purchased at the park for about $15 US.
- Park closes at 5pm.
Please print multiple vouchers to ensure you have a voucher for each experience!